Countdown To The “No Shade Gala Dinner” And What To Expect!
Hi bAw Fam
We’re hosting our final event of the year on Saturday, 4 November and it’s going to be our best yet! I just wanted to share the journey to this final get-together and to also give you a glimpse of what you can expect for that evening.
THE JOURNEY TO THIS POINT
2017 has been an interesting year for this blogsite and the bAw ministry as a whole. If I’m completely honest with you, I’ve just been trying to figure out what God would like to fulfill through this dream He planted in my heart. It’s a literal daily journey and so far, it’s been amazing.
He’s allowed me to make some mistakes that have left me feeling like maybe I should just quit doing this. He’s allowed me to feel insecure and unqualified to even be a blessing to anyone let alone on this forum. Yet, He has been so clear that His Hand is guiding me, and He’s allowing all these not-so-great experiences to lead me to submit completely to HIS vision for the movement and for Him to reach those He wants to through it.
And so, we have had wonderful experiences together in 2017 – from our “A Time To Remember And Give” breakfast; to all things natural with our “Natural Hair Appreciation Tea” events; to our “H.E.R. Hike”; and the authentic and touching blog posts shared on this site in-between. It’s been a pleasure doing 2017 with you all.
WHAT THE “NO SHADE GALA DINNER” IS ABOUT
As I spent time with God reflecting on the year, He impressed it upon my heart to have a final event that would allow us as His daughters to celebrate Him, ourselves and each other! To be able to honestly evaluate how we interact as sisters on a daily basis so that we can rise together rather than compete because this is the system of Heaven. To stop just talking about it, but also act on it.
One of my favourite verses is 1 Thessalonians 5:11 which says, “So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.” The biggest part of our evening will involve fun, practical and simple ways of how we can personally learn to encourage and build one another up. We will not focus on “what not to do” or the ways we experience or “shade” each other. We’re rather seeking solutions and encouragement to be better women to one another through Christ.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AT THE DINNER
This is a brief summary of what else you can expect at the Gala Dinner:
- Very brief, concise stories and personal experiences from the lovely Noxolo Chalale (Writer extraordinaire) and Zanele Luhabe (Coach and host of Mokapelo).
- Fun ice-breakers and activities to align our minds to seek more positive ways of allowing our fellow sisters to shine while we do the same.
- A delicious 3-course dinner and non-alcoholic champagne (Olives & Plates is well-known for their quality meals!).
- A beautifully decorated room just for us.
- An opportunity to dress up and have our pics taken by professionals which will be made available to you after the event for free! The theme is Sophia Town so think Miriam Makeba/Pata Pata vibes – there is no pressure at all ladies! Just come looking your best.
- A good 3 hours of time spent in the presence of God and His lovely Princesses. Nothing beats sisterhood, and hey you could make a new friend 🙂
- A little surprise for each lady courtesy of Archaic Human and Noir Beauty Box! Thank you!
My team and I have been praying over this evening and preparing tirelessly to ensure it is one that will impact your life for years to come. Our desire is to shed a little light into your life, and to join together in becoming who God originally intended for us to be. We invite you to come through and experience what that means for yourself!
If you haven’t already done so, go ahead and book your ticket here by this Friday!
Can’t wait to spend time with you sis!